A car accident can be a traumatic event. Some accidents lead to devastating injuries. As a result, you may not remember exactly how the accident occurred. After all, these accidents usually happen in the blink of an eye. If you have been injured in a car accident in New Jersey, you may be entitled to recover compensation. In order to recover the compensation you deserve, you will have to prove that you were injured due to another party’s negligence. This can be difficult to do, so you may need to enlist the help of an expert. Read on to learn more about accident reconstruction.
What is Accident Reconstruction?
Car accident reconstruction is performed by an expert in order to determine the events leading up to a car accident and during the collision. This can help prove fault when it comes to a lawsuit. An expert may achieve this by:
- Visiting the scene of the accident
- Inspecting the damage done to all vehicles
- Reviewing any medical records of injured parties
- Studying the police report
- Examining pictures/videos of the accident/scene
- Interviewing witnesses
- Studying debris, point of impact, skid marks, etc
Do I Need a Car Accident Reconstruction?
It is important to note that not every accident will require reconstruction. Some accidents are more complicated than others. For example, you may need car accident reconstruction if:
- You do not remember how the accident happened
- There are few or no witnesses
- The vehicles are totaled and cannot be repaired
- It is complicated to prove liability
- Victims suffered severe injuries or died
- Pieces of important evidence are missing
How Can Accident Reconstruction Help My Case?
Sometimes, it can be difficult to prove fault. But, accident reconstruction can help achieve this by determining:
- The vehicle speeds and movements
- The crash scene physics
- The accident sequence of events
- The vehicle positions
- The magnitude of impact
- If those involved were wearing seat belts
- If visibility was an issue and why
- If vehicle lights were used
- Steering angles
- If brakes were used leading up to the crash
- If a vehicle accelerated before collision
- If engine indicator lights went on
- If cruise control was engaged
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in New Jersey, contact our experienced firm to speak with a dedicated personal injury attorney today.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW JERSEY FIRM
Stathis & Leonardis, LLC is an experienced personal injury law firm in Middlesex County, New Jersey that is committed to helping clients who have been hurt due to another party’s negligence. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident or were injured on another person’s property, please do not hesitate to contact our firm today.