Attorneys Representing Clients Injured in NJ Auto Accidents
New Jersey’s network of roads and highways are some of the busiest in the country, largely due to its proximity to New York City and Philadelphia, as well as the general population density of our state. When drivers are careless, they are putting the lives of everyone around them at risk. Accidents happen every day in New Jersey. While some are simple fender benders, others can result in life-long suffering and even death. Stathis & Leonardis understands how serious auto accidents are, no matter which type of motor vehicle was involved. If you or a loved one has been injured in a New Jersey motor vehicle accident, contact the Middlesex County auto accident attorneys at Stathis & Leonardis today to schedule a consultation.
Our Legal Services
Auto accidents are not limited to one car hitting another. Our firm has the experience necessary to handle a wide range of automobile accidents, some of which include the following:
- Car accidents: Car accidents are the most common type of auto accident, and unfortunately, there are several ways in which these accidents can happen. If you were injured in a car accident due to the negligence of another motorist, there is a very good chance that you will be entitled to financial compensation.
- Pedestrian accidents: Few accidents are more devastating than those involving pedestrians. Of course, both pedestrians and motorists are responsible for following the rules and regulations of the road, however, the majority of these accidents are caused by negligent motorists and are no fault of the pedestrian. In many cases, pedestrian accidents occur due to motorists texting while driving, driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, driving while fatigued, speeding, disregarding traffic signs/lights, and more.
- Motorcycle accidents: These are among the most fatal auto accidents, as motorcyclists have very little protection from other vehicles, outside of a helmet. Our firm has extensive experience handling motorcycle accidents, and if you’ve been injured in one, do not hesitate to speak with the Middlesex County auto accident attorneys at Stathis & Leonardis, LLC today.
- Truck accidents: When a car or other motorist is struck by an 18-wheeler, the outcome is almost always severe due to the sheer size and weight of these vehicles. At times, it is difficult to determine the liable party in truck accidents, as truck employees, management, or drivers may be responsible. Our firm is adept at handling truck accident cases and can efficiently assess the circumstances of your case and determine the liable party on your behalf.
- Uber/Lyft accidents: Uber and Lyft are becoming increasingly popular, as these ridesharing services provide individuals with a safe, cost-effective, and reliable means of transportation. However, there are times where people can sustain serious injuries in these accidents, and Uber, as well as Lyft, both have unique systems of liability coverage that your attorney must be familiar with.
- Mass transit accidents: Many people throughout the state of New Jersey rely on buses and trains to get them from place to place. While these are also generally reliable and safe means of transportation, this is not always the case. Mass transit accidents often involve several people sustaining injuries at the same time. This, in addition to the fact that you will most likely have to file a Notice of Claim within a matter of months, is why you must speak with a knowledgeable attorney as soon as you can.
- Bicycle accidents: Unfortunately, we live in a day and age where people are frequently in a rush, and as a result, cyclists often do not get the respect they deserve while on the road. Motorists will try to illegally pass cyclists, run them off the shoulder of the road, and more. Rather obviously, cyclists are very vulnerable to the elements and other motorists around them, which is why injuries sustained in bicycle accidents are oftentimes very severe.
- Injured passengers: When someone is injured as a passenger in another person’s car, they frequently hesitate to take legal action, as they do not want to sue their friend or relative. However, our firm is here to tell you that in these cases, we will only sue the driver’s insurance company, and not the driver directly, which is why if you’ve sustained an injury as a passenger, you should not wait to speak with our firm.
Satisfying the Burden of Proof
After an accident, it is critical that you do everything in your power to document the incident. This means obtaining a police report, witness testimony, medical documents, pictures of the accident, surveillance footage of the accident, the other motorist’s insurance information, and more. Our firm can use this information, as well as all other evidence we obtain, to satisfy the burden of proof on your behalf. Simply put, satisfying the burden of proof means that we will have to prove that you were injured as a direct result of another party’s negligence. This is not always easy, which is why you must retain the services of the experienced Middlesex County auto accident attorneys at Stathis & Leonardis, LLC.
Motor vehicle accidents are quite serious and can result in life-altering injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, loss of limbs, the loss of a fetus, spinal cord damage, deformities, and more. Our firm has the skill and experience necessary to handle all of these matters and help you obtain the compensation you are entitled to. Some of the compensation that can be recovered with the help of Stathis & Leonardis includes the cost of medical bills, rehabilitation, and lost wages, among others. Our firm is also committed to helping clients recover noneconomic damages, some of which may include emotional distress, loss of independence, and pain and suffering.
Statute of Limitations
The state of New Jersey requires that all personal injury lawsuits are filed no later than two years from the date of the accident. Motor vehicle accidents are no exception to this rule. This deadline is referred to as the statute of limitations. While it may be tempting to wait to see if injuries heal on their own, we cannot advise any prospective client to do so. If an individual fails to file a claim within this time period, they are relinquishing their rights to take legal action against the negligent party. If the party at fault was a municipality, it is important to be aware that you may be subject to a shorter deadline, known as the Notice of Claim. An experienced attorney can inform you if this applies to your situation. Speak with our Middlesex County auto accident attorneys today so we can get started. Remember, the sooner you schedule your initial consultation, the better.
What to Bring to Your Initial Consultation With Our Middlesex County Auto Accident Attorneys
After an accident, many people ask our firm what they should bring to their initial consultation. This is a great question, as your initial consultation will play a critical role in the outcome of your case. Just as it is a good idea to prepare for anything in life, it is always best you come prepared for your initial consultation with our firm.
- Pictures of any damage to your vehicle or the other motorist’s vehicle, as well as of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- A written statement regarding the sequence of events leading up to your accident, as well as a written report of anything that happened during or after the accident.
- All medical documentation/bills associated with your injuries. This is a critical part of proving damages after an accident.
- Your insurance information.
- Any correspondence you may have had with the negligent motorist or their insurance company.
- A copy of the police report filed at the scene of your accident.
- Eyewitness contact information, as this can be used to corroborate your claim at a later date.
- Any other information that you believe may be useful in proving your claim.
While this may sound like a lot of documentation, the more evidence we have, the stronger your claim will be. That being said, if you do not have all of this information on-hand, do not let this deter you. Our Middlesex County auto accident attorneys will work to obtain all of the evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof on your behalf. We are on your side, and we will do anything in our power to fight for the compensation you deserve and need to heal. If you’ve been injured in an auto accident of any type due to no fault of your own, you can count on our firm to guide you through every step of the claims process ahead. All you have to do is ask.
Contact Stathis & Leonardis
If you have been seriously injured on New Jersey’s roads in a motor vehicle accident, it is important to retain quality legal counsel. Stathis & Leonardis has the experience needed to fight on your behalf for maximum compensation during the difficult period of time after an accident. Contact our firm today to schedule a consultation with our attorneys.