Though most of us are far more fearful of flying than of airports themselves, the truth is, these airports are far from accident-proof. If you have been injured in an airport accident, you should continue reading and speak with our experienced New Jersey personal injury attorneys to learn more about how we can help you file a premises liability claim.
What are the most frequent causes of airport accidents?
Airport accidents happen for several reasons, though they are most commonly caused by negligence. Defective escalators, elevators, and stairwells often cause airport accidents. Additionally, spills and debris frequently cause slip and fall accidents. In some cases, unsafe parking lots, inadequate security, and insufficient lighting can also cause airport accidents.
What do I do after being injured in an airport accident?
After an accident, there are various critical steps you should take to maximize your chances of winning a personal injury claim. They are as follows:
- Call 911. The police will send an ambulance, which will take you to receive the medical treatment you need.
- Before the ambulance arrives, ask any witnesses of the accident for their phone number, email, or any other means by which you may contact them so they can corroborate your claim.
- Take pictures of the safety hazard that caused your accident–the negligent party may try and fix or clear the hazard away before help arrives, which is why it is your job to document its cause.
- Once you receive medical treatment, ask your physician for your medical documents that detail how/where the accident occurred.
- Reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney who knows how to gather and present additional evidence on your behalf to prove your claim.
Is there a statute of limitations for airport accidents in New Jersey?
If you are suing the airport owner or a negligent product designer or manufacturer, you will, generally, have two years from the date of your accident to do so. However, this is all subject to change, especially if the airport is owned by a municipality, in which case you will have far less time to file a Notice of Claim. No matter your circumstances, do not put off filing–it can be detrimental to your case. The sooner you reach out to our firm, the better off you will be. We are ready to begin the claims process immediately.
Contact our experienced New Jersey firm
Stathis & Leonardis, LLC is an experienced personal injury law firm in Middlesex County, New Jersey that is committed to helping clients who have been hurt due to another party’s negligence. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident or were injured on another person’s property, please do not hesitate to contact our firm today.