As you know, there is nothing more frightening and potentially damaging than being involved in a serious accident. That being said, if you are someone who has been injured due to no fault of your own, you are most likely now seeking the financial compensation you need to heal. The first part of recovering this compensation is scheduling your initial consultation with a knowledgeable New Jersey personal injury attorney. Our firm is here to help.
What should I bring to my initial consultation?
If you can, please bring the following documentation to your initial consultation so we can begin filing your claim and building your case as soon as possible:
- A statement regarding the sequence of events in which your accident occurred
- A copy of the police report that was filed at the accident detailing what and how it happened.
- Photographs of the accident, including any damage to your vehicle or property that was damaged if you were injured in an auto accident. If you were injured in a slip and fall, take pictures of the safety hazard that caused your accident.
- Your insurance information.
- Any witness contact information.
- Medical records regarding your injuries, as well as any bills/expenses associated with your injuries.
- Any correspondence you may have had with the negligent party and his or her insurance company.
How long will I have to file my personal injury claim in New Jersey?
Keep in mind that you should bring your claim to our firm’s attention and schedule your initial consultation as soon as possible, for there is a statute of limitations in place that regulates the amount of time the wrongly injured have to take legal action against liable parties. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in New Jersey is, generally, two years, which means that you will have two years from the date of your accident to sue. Our firm is here to speak with you today and begin building your case. If you wait any longer than two years, there is a very good chance that you will be permanently time-barred from suing. Pick up the phone and give us a call today.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW JERSEY FIRM
Stathis & Leonardis, LLC is an experienced personal injury law firm in Middlesex County, New Jersey that is committed to helping clients who have been hurt due to another party’s negligence. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident or were injured on another person’s property, please do not hesitate to contact our firm today.