If you or a loved one have sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident, please read on, then contact one of our skilled Middlesex County auto accident attorneys to learn what you should know about motorcycle accidents in New Jersey.
How common are motorcycle accidents in New Jersey?
You may or may not be surprised to learn this, but the Garden State was one of 18 states where motorcycle fatalities increased last year. In an average year, anywhere between 4,798 and 5,251 people will die nationally from motorcycle accidents. In New Jersey. 80 people were killed in motorcycle crashes last year, compared to 69 the year before. No matter what precautions you may take, you remain at risk of injury due to another driver’s negligence.
What types of injuries can be sustained in motorcycle accidents in New Jersey?
The list of potential injuries stemming from a motorcycle accident is long and varied. However, the most common are as follows:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Lower-extremity injuries
- Internal injuries
- Road rash
- Wrongful death
If you or a loved one sustained any of the above-listed ailments, you should reach out to a skilled Middlesex County personal injury attorney to discuss your next steps.
How can a Middlesex County personal injury attorney help you?
In order to receive damages for injuries resulting from your motorcycle accident, you and a qualified legal professional will need to collect, compile and present evidence that the other parties are more than 50 percent responsible for the underlying accident. To that end, you and/or your representative should obtain the following:
- Pictures of any damage to your vehicle or the other motorist’s vehicle, as well as of any property that was damaged in the accident
- A written statement regarding the sequence of events leading up to your accident, as well as a written report of anything that happened during or after the accident
- All medical documentation and/or bills associated with your injuries
- Your insurance information
- Any correspondence you may have had with the negligent motorist or their insurance company
- A copy of the police report filed at the scene of your accident
- Eyewitness contact information
- Any other information that you believe may be useful in proving your claim
Our firm will help protect your rights in addition to fighting for the compensation you deserve. This process will not be easy, so please give us a call today.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW JERSEY FIRM
Stathis & Leonardis, LLC is an experienced personal injury law firm in Middlesex County, New Jersey that is committed to helping clients who have been hurt due to another party’s negligence. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident or were injured on another person’s property, please do not hesitate to contact our firm today.