It has been a long time since the United States, and the world has undergone a pandemic of this magnitude. Fortunately, there are several things you can do to protect yourself from the coronavirus, and as long as you take certain precautions, you drastically increase your chances of even contracting the sickness. Some of the most important things you can do are as follows:
- Wash your hands. Do so regularly, with warm and soapy water, and for at least 20 seconds every time.
- Observe social distancing, which means staying at least three feet away from people, or even avoid going outside altogether if you can. Self-quarantining is perhaps the most effective way to stymie the spread of this virus.
- Refrain from coughing or sneezing in the open. Instead, cough or sneeze into your elbow. This is important because COVID-19 spreads through droplets, and when you sneeze, a stream of droplets moves through the air.
- Don’t touch your face because if you have the virus on your hands, it can enter your body through your eyes, nose or mouth.
- If you are feeling symptoms of the coronavirus, such as coughing, having trouble breathing, or you have a fever, call your doctor or local health authorities. They will tell you what to do next.
We understand how significantly a pandemic can impact a community, however, Stathis & Leonardis, LLC is here to remind you that no matter what, it is always best to remain calm, have a positive attitude, and take precaution to ensure your safety.