Car accidents occur very frequently, and unfortunately, the results can be crushing. This is why it is important to know about the common causes of car accidents and how you can best avoid them to protect yourself and others on the road. Contact our experienced New Jersey personal injury attorneys today to learn more and discuss your options if you have been injured.
What are the 5 most common causes of car accidents in New Jersey?
Below are the most common causes of car accidents in New Jersey:
- Speeding while driving: Increased numbers of fatal car accidents have been a result of speeding. However, in most cases, crashes could be evaded completely if people drove the speed limit. Speeding narrows a driver’s ability to maintain control of their vehicle. In order to ensure you are driving safely, be conscious of the speed limit at all times.
- Texting while driving: People have been more dependant and addicted to their mobile devices and technology recently. Using your phone while driving can result in drastic life-threatening results.
- Drinking and driving: Alcohol is one of the largest causes of car accidents each day. A person’s ability to carefully drive their car falls drastically after they’ve had alcohol. Drinking and driving is never worth it for both legal and safety reasons.
- Distractions while driving: Fiddling around with the center console of your car to adjust settings or to change the radio channel can make you take your eyes off of the road. These disruptions can have detrimental consequences. Be sure to keep your eyes on the road and limit as many distractions as possible when operating your vehicle.
- Weather conditions: The chances of getting into an accident increase when the weather is bad. Rain, snow, and ice can cause the roads to be slippery, which can result in the possibility of losing control of your vehicle. Be an attentive driver when the weather is bad, and if you are able to, stay off the roads.
Can I file a personal injury claim after a car accident in New Jersey?
You may be entitled to compensation if you were injured in a car accident as a result of another driver’s negligence. Contact our experienced personal injury firm at Stathis & Leonardic, LLC today to learn more about your options. Additionally, it is important to note that New Jersey has a statute of limitations of two years. Reach out to our legal experts today to ensure you are filing your personal injury claim promptly.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW JERSEY FIRM
Stathis & Leonardis, LLC is an experienced personal injury law firm in Middlesex County, New Jersey that is committed to helping clients who have been hurt due to another party’s negligence. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident or were injured on another person’s property, please do not hesitate to contact our firm today.