Slip and fall accidents can happen anyplace, at any time, which is part of what makes them so surprising, and oftentimes devastating. People can slip and fall in parking lots, on sidewalks, at their town pool, in hotels, supermarkets, and just about anywhere else you can think of. If you are someone who has recently sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident, you most likely now require financial compensation to help you recover. We know how overwhelming the cost of medical bills, in-home care, lost wages, and more can be, which is why we are here to help. Please read on and reach out to our experienced team of New Jersey personal injury attorneys to learn more about how we can help you through the legal process going forward. Here are some of the questions you may have:
How can I sue a property owner for an injury in New Jersey?
To win a premises liability lawsuit, you must prove that you were injured as a direct result of that property owner’s negligence. However, there are several steps you must take to maximize your chances of winning financial compensation. They are as follows:
- Call the police–your health is the most important thing, and the police will send an ambulance on your behalf.
- Next, you should take pictures of your accident, your injuries, and the safety hazard that caused your accident.
- From here, ask any witnesses of the incident for their contact information, such as phone numbers, emails, business cards, or otherwise.
- Once you are treated at a hospital, ask your doctor for all your medical documentation that details the extent and origin of your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced attorney who is ready to do anything within legal constraints to win you the compensation you deserve.
How long do I have to sue a property owner in New Jersey?
In New Jersey, individuals have two years from the date of their accident to sue another party for negligence. This window of time is known as the statute of limitations, and if you wait past the statute to file, you will most likely be barred from suing. Do not let this happen–our firm is ready to begin the premises liability claims process on your behalf. All you have to do is ask.
Contact our experienced New Jersey firm
Stathis & Leonardis, LLC is an experienced personal injury law firm in Middlesex County, New Jersey that is committed to helping clients who have been hurt due to another party’s negligence. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident or were injured on another person’s property, please do not hesitate to contact our firm today.