When you picture amusement parks, you may imagine eating cotton candy and screaming on roller coasters. You probably don’t assume you will become injured. But, amusement parks are notoriously dangerous, and there are a number of different ways a serious accident can occur. Read on to learn more about amusement park accidents in New Jersey.
Most Common Theme Park Accidents?
Theme park rides can cause serious accidents. These accidents have been known to cause:
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Closed head injuries
- Bone fractures
- Back injuries
- Torn ligaments
- Compound fractures that require surgical repair
- Brain aneurysms
- Fatal injuries from falling out of rides
- Drowning on water rides and slides
- Brain aneurysms
- Facial lacerations and fractures
- Heart attack
What do I do if I am Injured at an Amusement Park?
If you are injured in an amusement park accident, it is important to take the following steps:
- Call 911- The police can send an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, and more.
- Document the scene- Take pictures and videos at the scene of the accident. If possible, document the hazardous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- Obtain witness contacts- Ask those who witnessed the accident for their name and contact information. They may be able to corroborate your version of events.
- Seek medical attention- Go to the hospital right away. This will ensure that your injuries are properly treated while simultaneously providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents.
- Contact an attorney- An experienced personal injury attorney may be able to obtain further proof of negligence, including security camera footage, police reports, and more.
- File your claim in time- In New Jersey, the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is generally two years from the date of the accident. Failing to file within two years will likely mean losing the opportunity to recover the compensation you need and deserve in order to recover.
If you have been injured at a New Jersey amusement park, you may be entitled to recover compensation. Reach out today to discuss your case with an experienced and dedicated personal injury attorney.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW JERSEY FIRM
Stathis & Leonardis, LLC is an experienced personal injury law firm in Middlesex County, New Jersey that is committed to helping clients who have been hurt due to another party’s negligence. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident or were injured on another person’s property, please do not hesitate to contact our firm today.