Bicycle accidents can result in severe injuries and financial burdens. If you were injured because of another’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact our experienced New Jersey personal injury attorneys today to discuss your case. At Stathis & Leonardis, LLC, we are committed to ensuring that you receive the compensation that you deserve.
What are the common causes of bicycle accidents in New Jersey?
One of the major causes of bicycle accidents in New Jersey is driver negligence. If a motorist is negligently operating their car on the same road as a biker, it is likely that an injury can result. Bicycle accidents can have devastating consequences that can add health and financial burdens. If you were injured in a bicycle accident, it is critical that you prove the negligence of the other party. Some of the various cases of bicycle accidents that Stathis & Leonardis, LLC has seen include:
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Carelessness behind the wheel
- The use of electronic devices without hands-free technology
- Distracted driving
What should I do after a bicycle accident?
If you were seriously injured in a bicycle accident and would like to pursue legal action, you must obtain as much evidence as possible to corroborate your claim. If you are able, follow these steps immediately after your accident:
- Call 911. The police will file an accident report and will dispatch an ambulance.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident including your injuries, damage to the bike, damage to the car, and any other property damage.
- Remove your bike from the road to prevent further accidents and injuries.
- Gather contact information from any witnesses to the accident. Witness testimony can be very useful in a personal injury claim.
- Seek medical attention to ensure your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor for medical documentation showing the extent of your injuries and their origin.
- Contact an experienced New Jersey personal injury attorney to help you obtain additional evidence that can be key to your claim. This can include acquiring a police report or even security camera footage.
What is the statute of limitations for bicycle accidents?
In New Jersey, the statute of limitations for all personal injury cases is two years from the date of the accident. This means that if you fail to file your case within two years from the date of your bicycle accident, you will likely lose the opportunity to recover compensation. Act fast and contact our firm today to get started on your case.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW JERSEY FIRM
Stathis & Leonardis, LLC is an experienced personal injury law firm in Middlesex County, New Jersey that is committed to helping clients who have been hurt due to another party’s negligence. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident or were injured on another person’s property, please do not hesitate to contact our firm today.