There are few forms of transportation more fun than motorcycles. Though there are countless perks to riding motorcycles, as you know, they can also be very dangerous. Fortunately, you can minimize your chances of being involved in an accident by following the following list of motorcycle safety tips provided by our experienced New Jersey personal injury attorneys. Please continue reading and do not hesitate to give our firm a call today if you believe that you have been wrongly injured in an auto accident. Some motorcycle safety tips are as follows:
- The most important thing that you can do is wear a helmet, as well as protective eyewear. These two simple precautions may very well save your life one day.
- Do not drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs–this is true for all motorists. This is also one of the leading causes of accidents.
- If you plan on turning, ensure you use your blinkers and hand signals.
- Wear clothing that can protect you from the elements and provide at least some level of cushioning, should you ever get in an accident.
- Ensure your motorcycle is equipped with reflective devices at all times, and, if possible, try and wear brighter clothing so other motorists can see you, especially if you will be riding your bike at night.
- Do not leave your residence on your motorcycle without first quickly checking it over to ensure it is functioning properly. Additionally, if you are out riding and something doesn’t feel right, the most important thing you can do is pull over. Do not try and make it to your destination on your own without fixing the problem.
- Never speed. Speeding is the number one cause of motorcycle deaths in America, which is why you must always obey the speed limit, as well as all other rules and regulations of the road to help ensure that you are never the cause of a serious accident.
- Do not tail other motorists. It is always best to stay at least three car lengths back from all other motorists in case they happen to stop short.
- Never get too comfortable. Always keep an eye on everything happening around you. Look where all motorists are in relation to yourself, pay attention to blinkers and brake lights, and also never get on your bike if you are too tired to drive.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW JERSEY FIRM
Stathis & Leonardis, LLC is an experienced personal injury law firm in Middlesex County, New Jersey that is committed to helping clients who have been hurt due to another party’s negligence. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident or were injured on another person’s property, please do not hesitate to contact our firm today.