Hotel accidents are serious. If you were injured in one, you will need to reach out to a dedicated and experienced Middlesex County hotel accident attorney today. Our firm is committed to ensuring our clients obtain the compensation they need to heal. Give us a call today.
What are the common causes of hotel accidents in New Jersey?
Hotels offer services beyond just a place to sleep. In many cases, hotels have a pool, gym, spa, restaurants, and more. In the event that any of these amenities are not properly maintained, and someone is injured as a result, the hotel manager and staff members can be held liable for negligence. Some of the most common hotel accidents include the following:
- Defective furniture
- Food poisoning
- Sidewalk accidents
- Parking garage accidents
- Gym equipment accidents
- Stairway accidents
- Hot tub accidents
- Accidents due to inadequate security
- Accidents due to inadequate lighting
- Swimming pool accidents
- Sidewalk accidents
- Escalator accidents
Can I pursue legal action after a hotel accident?
In the state of New Jersey, hotels must take reasonable measures to ensure that their visitors are protected from harm. This can be done by hotel staff. A hotel’s staff should make routine checks of the premises for any hazards and quickly work to handle any arising problems. If hotel staff fails to make these inspections and an individual is injured as a result, the hotel could be held responsible for negligence.
You may be entitled to financial compensation if you are injured due to the negligence of a hotel owner or staff member. It is important to understand that if you would like to pursue legal action, you will need to satisfy the burden of proof. To do this, you should take the following steps:
- Take photos and videos of the hazardous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- If anyone saw the accident occur, obtain their phone number and/or email address. Witnesses may be able to confirm your version of events later on in your claim.
- Seek medical attention to ensure that your injuries are treated by a medical professional, while simultaneously providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents.
- Retain the services of a skilled Middlesex County hotel accident attorney today. Our legal team can help you obtain the compensation you need to heal.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW JERSEY FIRM
Stathis & Leonardis, LLC is an experienced personal injury law firm in Middlesex County, New Jersey that is committed to helping clients who have been hurt due to another party’s negligence. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident or were injured on another person’s property, please do not hesitate to contact our firm today.